General job description:
This person will be responsible for performing complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment, and grounds. Working under limited supervision, this position will monitor building system operations and performance, while utilizing trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating, and cooling. This position reports to the Director of Engineering Services.
· Review the daily work orders and prioritize completion. Monitor repeat problems and make suggestions on how to correct.
· Oversee and inspect the work performed by contractors. Determine that work is complete, equipment is fully functional and client space is in prime working condition.
· Supervise and train maintenance staff in the absence of the Director – assign and monitor maintenance projects for them.
· Formulate and implement a preventive maintenance program to ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life.
· Schedule all required inspections by City, State and AHJ.
· Inspect building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
· Review assigned work orders. Estimate time and materials needed to complete repair. Maintain inventory of adequate supplies and tools and order necessary materials to complete all tasks.
· Consult with the Director of Engineering Services or Property Manager and clients to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
· Perform assigned repairs, emergency, and preventive maintenance. Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
· Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
· Maintain an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 10 years building maintenance experience.
· Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses, such as Refrigeration Certificate of Fitness, High Pressure Boiler License, High Pressure Steam Operator, etc.)
· Experience in operation, maintenance and basic repair of HVAC, boilers, heaters, pumps, refrigerant systems, compressors, water systems, etc.
· Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques, and operations.
· Thorough understanding of all building systems operations, maintenance and repair including HVAC, electrical and building automation systems.
· Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Ability to understand and give general instructions in standard situations.
· Must effectively present information.
· Solid organizational and analytical skills.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device. Must have the ability to climb ladders or stairs.
· Lift and carry objects of up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 30 feet.
· May be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org